Help us continue protecting the Chocorua Lake Basin and managing public access for visitors and local residents.
Thank you for your firm's support of the CLC!
Donating to the CLC is a statement that your company cares about protecting the Chocorua Lake Basin from development and providing public access for visitors and local residents.
Local businesses are invited to become a CLC Business Partner and demonstrate their support for protecting the Chocorua Lake Basin and providing access for local residents and visitors.
If you or your employees have spent time at Chocorua Lake, taken a photograph or fished from the Narrows Bridge, dropped in a fishing line through the ice, or watched the sled dog races in the winter, please support the CLC’s efforts with a charitable contribution.
Maintaining the Grove and Island areas for visitors and local residents, owning and managing almost 1,000 acres of accessible conservation land, protecting 3,000 additional acres from commercial development, monitoring water quality, preventing shore line erosion, and planting trees and bushes — all costs many thousands of dollars each year.
NOTE: Business partnerships are 12 months (July 1st to June 30th)
and must be renewed annually.
How will my company's donation be used?
Chocorua Lake Conservancy depends upon the financial support of its members, friends and visitors to fund many annual expenses:
The CLC is a volunteer-led, 501(c)(3) non-profit, tax-exempt organization as designated by the Internal Revenue Code of the United States (EIN 02-0277083). All contributions are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
- New plantings and annual maintenance projects to preserve the natural beauty of 17 acres of publicly accessible land around Chocorua Lake, reduce erosion, and prevent nutrient and sediment runoff into the lake.
- A twice daily Lake Patrol between Memorial Day and Columbus Day to keep the Grove, Island and other public access areas free of trash.
- Regular samplings of lake water quality.
- Toilets in the Grove and Island public access areas between Memorial Day and Columbus Day.
- Maintenance and periodic replacement of the historic wooden railings on the Narrows Bridge.
- Maintenance and repairs of the dam at the outlet from the Little Lake to the Chocorua River.
- Maintenance of almost 1,000 acres of conservation land around Chocorua Lake owned or managed by the CLC.
- Monitoring of 3,000 additional acres in the Chocorua Lake Basin which are protected from commercial development by conservation easements and covenants held by the CLC.